Monday, May 19, 2014

Dallas Marathon Training!

So, Vince and me decided to run the Dallas Marathon on December 14th this year. Which should help get me back into a running grove. Considering we haven't run a marathon since February of last year, I really hope to get in marathon shape. This training plan will be longer than our first marathon because the Dallas Marathon has a shorter cut-off time than Austin. So I need to improve my time significantly in order to finish before they close down the course.

Today was Day#1 of training. I ran at Booty Hill Park down by Lake Georgetown.


(pic from my run)

I like running there because I don't get to very often and plus it is very scenic. However, I started late in the morning and the humidity was rough. I would have to say the humidity is what gets to me the most. Still, it feels good to have my first run of this training cycle in. Only 2,003,400 more to go before the race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment