Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ten Things Thursday



(pic from my long run Sunday)


1. Saturday I raced in my first 5k in 4 months!  Me and Vince had a lot of fun at the Jameson 5k! He PR'd and I got my second fastest 5k time- 37:43. We also saw Erin, Mick and Dan from our run group. Both Erin and Mick got overall male/female of the race!! So awesome! And to top it off, they had a lot of good food and a great raffle where Vince won a 100 yoga gift certificate!! I really enjoyed this race!







2. For World Lit, we are now reading The Bloody Chamber. I've never read it before but it is a collection of about 10 stories that are retellings of fairy tales. I think it should be pretty cool.

 
3. Last week on Sunday, I ran 12 miles at Brushy Creek. It's the longest I have run since my 16 miler a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty happy with this long run as I actually managed to run it at about a 5 sec faster per mile pace than my goal! I could see improvements in my long run training with this run.
 
 
 
4. Today I was reminded that sometimes being nice can be rewarding! I got free soup from the lady at my job! :) Small thing but hey, free is free!
 
5. So far this week I have been struggling with my runs. I did a 6 mile run Tuesday and a 4.65 mile run today. They didn't go so great although today's run was better than yesterday's. I think not swimming lately (I haven't swum in almost 2 weeks!) is making my body a lot more achy. I need to have some kind of time management as I also have been staying up late to work on massive homework and not waking up in time to go to run group. :/ Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. I blame the heat in FREAKIN NOVEMBER STILL! SHEESH!
6. This weekend I am going to my best friend's bridal shower in San Antonio. We have been best friend's since I was 6 years old! In January we will have been friends for 20 years!
Here's one of my favorite pics of the two of us at my wedding:
 
 

:)
 
 
7. I would like to do another race sometime soon before the Marathon. Preferably a longer one like a half-marathon or longer to test where I am at with my endurance. But they are all so damn expensive! I'm leaning towards to that Rogue 30k in January, but will see.
 
8. Speaking of which, I have ants in my pants to go out of town. I'm really looking forward to going to my husband's hometown in Del Rio next month. It's a small town but it's great coming off a busy semester. It's a sleepy place with good mexican food and an awesomely scenic lake. I think it's called Lake Amistad. Last time we went there, we were celebrating my little brother in law's high school graduation and had a great time.
 
 
 
 
9. I saw this today and it made me laugh as I see a lot of people on blogs upset about their racing pics.
 
 
 
10. For one of my classes, we are going to see a play in Wimberely, Sordid Lives. We read the play and spoke with the playwrite and it looks pretty funny. If you get a chance, you should see it!
 
 

 
 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys decided to run the Jameson 5k and enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favorites. I can't tell you enough how glad we are that you both have joined the group and it's been so exciting to see you improve!

    Have a great time at the bridal shower this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you again for recommending Jameson to us!
    I did have a lot of fun at the bridal shower, thanks!
    I hope your marathon went well!

    ReplyDelete