Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This and that



This is a pic from my long run Sunday at Brushy Creek.

Workouts Last Week:
Monday- Strength/Weight Workouts- 17 minutes
Tuesday- 3.24 miles (run group)
Wednesday- 1408 yds Swimming
Thursday- 2.84 miles (run group)
Friday-  Rest Day
Saturday- 1.15 mile (treadmill)
933 yd swim
Sunday- 8.02 mile long run (Brushy Creek Trail)


Last week thoughts: Happy I ran four times and did core workout. Wish I would have gone swimming at least 3x. 3rd continous week of long runs:
Training Week #1- 6 miles
Training Week #2- 7.01 miles
Training Week #3- 8.02 miles
This week will be a recovery week.

Workouts so far this week:
Monday- 1514 yds swim
Tuesday- 3.74 miles (run group)


Sorry I haven't been updating as much lately, my dog got sick Sunday but luckily, I took her to the doctor today and after some shots and medicine, she seems like she is doing a little better. I feel relieved.

Our run today was a degressive hill workout. You run from one point to the end and then recover coming back a block closer and repeat each time till you are only one block away. I was really tired but didn't give up and did one set.

My body has been pretty tired lately, I am trying to put more time and effort into my workouts and now I feel exhausted all the time. I know that if I keep it up though, I can only improve!

On a side note, I really want to watch the Olympics, but I don't have cable and it's hard to see stuff online. I have seen some places are having race watching parties so maybe I will look into that.

Hope everyone has great workout today!



2 comments:

  1. I am glad your dog is doing better!
    Nice job with your workouts. You really had a great week last week. One thing I noticed when I am increasing my mileage is that I need more sleep. Like you, I feel tired most of the time. I try to make a point to get at least 8 hours of sleep, more if I can (of course that's easier said than done). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's not 100% but still she is better. I think you are right, getting more sleep will def help.

      Delete