Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Best Part of the Day


Pic from right before the run. I still can't believe I have woken up so early to workout! 3x in a row I've made my run group.

Workouts for the Week:
Monday- Strength/Weight Workouts- 17 minutes
Tuesday- 3.24 miles (run group)


I woke up this morning really not in the mood to run. I was still sore from my run Sunday and still annoyed about not being able to do my long swim yesterday to get out the kinks (pool was closed). But my husband was like GET UP, GET UP. So I woke up and we went to RunGroup.

Really happy I went. I had one of my fastest overall paces in about a month, so that was good. Plus, even though my legs were sore, after a mile or two, my legs started to warmup.


Workout- Time and Pace combined warmup/workout
Warmup- .56 miles- 7 min, 21 sec
One mile- 10K pace
1 min, 20 sec break
One mile- 10k pace
1 min, 20 sec break
Half a mile- 5k pace
additonal distance due to a. taking a wrong turn on the first mile, and not pausing my runkeeper til i got to the water cooler.

I ended up getting bad news later but I didn't let it ruin my day. I'm trying to do a better job keeping things in perspective and I know that running is one of those things that really helps me out.

First run of 3rd week of Marathon Training in the bag! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo! Sorry about the bad news...sounds like we ended up having similar type days :/. Sometimes it's hard to keep things in perspective, but you're right - running helps out tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photo comment! Yesterday was hard, but today was a lot better, so I'm grateful. It is definetly very hard for me to keep things in perspective, but I know things can always get worse.

    ReplyDelete