Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Recap of Last Week

I have now voted in three presidential elections in a row!!

So, last week was a hard week for me and training I tell you what. The forces (school work) were once again conspiring against me. I did not make it to run group at all that week OR the week before. I know. Shameful. But today I did make it to run group!

Anyways, back to last week. So I ran Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday I had a 6 mile run that was very difficult for me. I tried to do an off/on workout where I would walk a mile fast and run a mile, but it didn't work at so well. I think I was sore from doing a 12 mile run two days before. However I consoled myself with the election. Unfortunately, though, I did not get much sleep and went to school Wednesday like a Zombie. 

However, Wednesday I watched Rocky II for the first time while studying and got pumped up to run in the morning! You know I went to Philadelphia a long time ago when I was not a runner. I wish I would have run on the steps there like Rocky. Oh well. Bucket List I guess. 


So Thursday I went for another run. Fortunately, this run went better then Tuesday. I added a little bit of hills to this one and ran about 4.65 miles. I slept in and felt better. I can tell that not swimming makes a big difference though. I need to do a better job with time management. I just know that right now doing my school work and getting my runs in is the best thing I can do if I am short on time. 

Alas, although Thursday's run was better, my short shake-out run on Saturday before my long run wasn't. Again with the stiffness! I was really short on time as I was going out of town for my friends bridal shower but I got a short 2.26 mile run in. 

The bridal shower was a lot of fun though. We ate at Johnny Carinos! I do love me some pasta. Plus I had a long run the next morning. So you know, I HAD to load up on the carbs!


We had some of this! So good! ( I did not take this picture. It is from the internet. Just fyi!)

But Sunday came along and BAM! Best run of the week! Although it was slower than I would have liked, I ran 14 miles- my 3rd longest run EVER! Sometimes I get down on myself for my paces on these super long runs, but hey, it was 3 hour sand 23 minutes and I didn't give up! 

I ran from the apts, through the park by the cemetery, through San Gabriel, through Rivery Park, past Booty Trail and right before the giant hill. Yes. I admit it! This time I wimped out and did not run the big hill! But I was at 8 miles into my run and was feeling lazy! This is not smart though, as the marathon will have hills and I can not feel lazy and POOF! Have them disappear. 






 So week #18 of marathon training is done! Only 14 more weeks till the race!
56% done with training!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment