Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Things Friday



( this is a pic from my run Tuesday)

 
1. Last week was week #16 of marathon training. In general, it didn't really go well. I was still nursing sore legs from my 16 mile run for the first two days. After that, I was really busy with school and I was out of town from fri afternoon till early Sunday afternoon. So I only ran twice and had a longish swim.



(However, my run at Brushy Creek last week was very scenic)

2. Last weekend was my best friends bachelorette party!! It was so, so, so much fun!! We were busy Friday night through Sunday! It was so nice getting so much time with my best friend as she lives about 5 hours away so I don't get to see her as often as I like.



(We did one of those painting class. For three hours we had someone show us how to do "Starry Night". I'm not an artist obviously lol. But it was a lot of fun!)
4. Monday night I was up till about 2:40 am working on homework so I didn't make it to run group. I did have a really great hilly 8 mile run throughout Georgetown though!


Some more pics from Tuesday's Run:





5. I got approved to do an independent study next semester! I am really looking forward to it. I get to choose what I read and get to work with my professor regarding how many papers I write. Right now I am leaning towards images of young girls in youth literature or literature where a young girl is the main focus. I was going to do images through the decade to see if there is change but that is kind of broad. I want it to multi-cultural. Some of the books I have on the list that I got approved on were:

                                           


5. Tomorrow is race day!!! Vince and I signed up for the Jameson 5k in Georgetown. It will be our first 5k in 4 months! Im not quite sure what goal to have. My 5k PR is 36:15 ( Feb. 2012) but my last 5k was about 39:19 ( July 2012). So not really sure what my goal is for this race but somewhere between the two I think.


1 comment:

  1. I love Judy Blume. One of my favorite authors of all time!

    You kicked butt on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete