Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 15 of Livestrong Marathon Training


This is a picture from my run on Friday.

Workouts for the Week so far:
Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- 5.17 mile run (Run Group+ Run Home)
1150 yd swim
Wednesday- Rest Day
Thursday-3.32 mile run (Run Group-Track 1k's)
Friday-4.67 miles (Town Lake Run)
Saturday- Rest Day
Sunday- 16 miles (Long Run- San Gabriel Trail)

So, sorry I haven't been blogging as much lately. I am right in the middle of the semester at school so its been pretty busy. Some highlights of the week:

Monday I read my poem "Chocolate Milk" in Spanish and English at the Poetry Festival at my school. I was really nervous as I barely know any Spanish but it went pretty good.

I'm not much of a cook- my husband is the cook in the family. But I do make pretty good hot wings. So Tuesday I made some:


For my Magazine Writing Class, we are now working on "people" essays. I'm writing mine on my turtle, Puppy.


Friday I went for a run at Town Lake on my way home from school. It felt nice to have the break in my commute. It was actually my best run of the week.





Also on Friday, I ate dinner with my run group and my mother and brother-in-law. I haven't seen them in three months, so it was really nice to spend time with them.

But the biggest news in Jamie's running world is that today I ran my longest run ever- 16 miles!! It took 4 hours and 6 minutes, it was very humid and kinda hot but I did it!!




Week #15 of Marathon Training in the bag!! Only 17 more weeks!!


47% done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment