Monday, October 1, 2012

My longest run ever!!!



On Sunday I ran the longest run of my life. Ever. In both time and distance: 13.70 miles in 2:21:55. I still can hardly believe it. But I know as I increase my long runs for the marathon, my distance PR will just keep improving, so that's even cooler.

When I first started the run, my hip was hurting a lot and my gel hadn't kicked in yet.


The next couple of miles my hip started to feel better, the wind felt nice and I refilled my water and had another gel. I felt like I ate a whole meal between the bag of jelly belly sports beans, two gels and waffle bar I had during the run.


Mile 5 I was really starting to feel better. Since the course isnt long enough for me to get the full length, I run parts of it twice or take detours. The pic above is from an incline about a mile or so after Rivery Park. I hadn't run up that part before, it's a nice view of the town when you get to the other side.


(They have a bunch of these on the trails. They are pretty nice.)
I was starving by the time I ate the waffle bar. I don't know why I was so hungry but I was. I was happy though that the weather was still pretty nice. After dealing with Texas in the summer, it's a relief to have cooler weather.




Several times throughout the run I saw lots of deer. However, that's not unusual in that area. But this time, they were really close to me and didn't really run off. I actually said to them, "excuse me" as I ran past. I was feeling pretty good during my 7th and 8th mile.



But then, catasphore struck! My stomach started really bothering me and I couldn't hold off using the restroom. It really brought down my overall pace but it was worth it as I really had to go. Afterwards I did feel better, but I never really recovered pace wise. 

After that, my pace and splits went down as I started to get tired but I really was gunning to go further then 13.1 miles. When I did, I was exhausted, sweaty and tired but I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I hope my next long run is a better pace, but with more then 4 months to go till the marathon, I am hopeful I can improve my long distance pace!

Mile 1- 13:52 min
Mile 2- 14 min
Mile 3- 14:40- water refill
Mile 4- 14:50- gel
Mile 5- 13:42
Mile 6- 14:00- waffle bar
Mile 7- 13:37
Mile 8- 12:20- fastest mile!
Mile 9- 17:09- bathroom break
Mile 10- 14:15- gel
Miles 11- 14:57
Miles 12- 15:48- water refill
Miles 13- 15:51
.70 miles- 10 min, 32 sec



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing you run further and further! And just think in February you will be a marathoner - so cool! Be careful with your hip - stretch and stretch more. :)

    ReplyDelete