Monday, October 15, 2012

Week #14- Recovery Week and Out of Town weekend!



Picture from the track at University of Texas at Dallas

Workouts for the Week:
Monday: 900 yd Swim
Tuesday: 2.55 miles ( Run Group)
Wednesday:  REST DAY
Thursday: 2.94 miles (Run Group- Track Ladder Workout)
1000 yd Swim
Friday: REST DAY
Saturday: 3.29 miles (@ University of Texas at Dallas Campus)
Sunday: 5.76 miles (Lookout Park, Golf Course, Nature Trail Area- Richardson, Tx)


So, last week was a recovery week. I don't know what my deal was but last week I just was not feeling very motivated to run. I had a lot of homework, my legs felt blah and I was anxious to go out of town to see my sister and go to our friends wedding. However, on the upside, every run I had last week was better then the last. So although Tuesday's run was crappy, Sunday's run was pretty good.
I also got to run in 4 different location last week: San Gabriel Park, Forbes Middle School Track, UTD, and a park in Richardson which is always cool as running in the same places every week can be boring.
I wish I would had more mileage, but after 3 weeks of increasing my run, I think my body really needed the break.

Pic of my husband and I before the wedding!




Not sure if you guys have seen UT at Dallas campus before but it's pretty nice. In addition to the track there, which is on the outskirt of multiple soccer fields and is 1.5 laps = 1 mile, I also ran around campus:


Sunday before we left to go home, we ran at Lookout Park in Richardson. I mainly ran on a golf course, but also ran up across the street to the trail. I've never run on a golf course before. Lots of little hills and weird turns.


Also, last week marked my two and a half year anniversary of running! I have run every week at least once since April 12th, 2010!

Week #14 of marathon training in the bag! 
44% done with training!



2 comments:

  1. I don't even recognize you in regular clothes!
    Looks like a good change of scenery to run in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of you and Vince!! You look great! It's so different to see people outside of their running clothes in normal clothes :) You're recovery week was well deserved...you've been working really hard lately!

    ReplyDelete