Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ten Things Thursday- Cheer Up Charlie Edition

This week's ten things Thursday is a "Things that are making me happy right now" list as I had a crappy week. Hopefully by the time the weekend comes, things will be better.

1. Last week my poem came out in the Persona Literary Journal! I read my poem out loud at the release party and people cheered and laughed! One girl even told me it was her favorite in the journal!



2. Last week, I ran 12.37 miles- my longest run of the year and my 3RD LONGEST RUN EVER!!!
It was almost 3 hours of running, but I got it done!




3. My personal essay on running/walking for my Magazine Writing class got an A! Really relieved as it was the first time I did this style of writing. 

4. As you may have guessed, I like me some television. Right now I am really into Everybody Loves Raymond. I use to watch it a lot when it was on the air back when I still lived at home. I never got to see the first season before. I was only 10 when it came out! 10! Seems like forever ago. I think Peter Boyle's character Frank is my favorite. Followed by Robert.

5. I am 1/3 done with my training for the marathon! I think this first third will be the easiest as it helped me build my base, the middle 1/3 will probably be my hardest as I ramp up the length of my long runs and by the time the last 1/3 comes along, I will probably really be looking forward to the taper!

6. A couple of weeks ago, I went with my mom to Goodwill and was crusing the books. I got the book Revolutionary Road for 1 DOLLAR! I saw the movie last year and I loved it so I am looking forward to reading the book as a lot of English majors say it's one of their favorites. 


7. If you like running documentaries, I would recommend checking out MY RUN. It's pretty cool. It's about a man who loses his wife to cancer and becomes a single parent. He decides to run 75 marathons, one marathon a day, ending at Atlanta, Georgia during the 1996 Olympic Ceremonies to raise awareness for the plight of single parents.

8. My pets. They continually do goofy things that make me laugh. Even when they aren't, just looking at them or playing with my dog makes me happier. I really am grateful for them.

9. Getting to sleep in at least one day on the weekends.

10. The continued support of my running group. Thank you for putting up with me!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on your writing...that's very exicting! And a "A" is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the crappy week...fingers crossed for a better weekend! And that is awesome about your writing - congrats! I'd love to read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete