Tuesday, September 18, 2012

10 Weeks In- Last Week in Review




(pic from my swim friday night)

Workouts for the Week:
Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- 5.94 miles (Run Group)
Wednesday- Rest Day
Thursday- 3.39 miles (Run Group)
Friday- 21 minutes core workout
739 yd swim
Saturday- Country Roads 10k (Race)
Sunday- 2.84 miles (easy run)

Last week was pretty busy for me. So unfortunately, I did not get a lot of cross-training in. I did, however, finally get a core workout in for the first time in two weeks. Yeah for small success's!
I ended up going to bed at 6 pm on Saturday and was asleep until 6 am Sunday morning. I was pooped.

On another note, I think that I am going to rethink the way I do long runs. Instead of worrying so much about distance, I am going to look to keep my goal distance in mind, but focus more on time-on-feet.  So, getting used to being on my feet might help relieve the pressure of feeling bad about my pace. It takes a lot out of me physically doing long runs, but it also always feels good to get it done. I feel like every time I finish one, I am one step closer to the marathon! I also like to see how I have progressed. I am really excited for the first time I run more then 13.1 miles as I have never have before. Hitting a new run distance is always really exciting.

I am also going to try and keep a tab on my avg. weekly mileage. It's now at 16.25 miles up from last week's avg of 15 miles. Definetly still a very low base for marathon training, but I still have about 6 months to go so I think it'll be ok.
Week #10 in the bag- 22 weeks left of training- 31% done!

No comments:

Post a Comment