Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ten Things Thursday



This is a pic from my run on Tuesday.
 
Workouts this week: 
Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- 5.94 miles (Run Group- Tempo/Twist)
Wednesday- Rest Day
Thursday- 3.39 miles (Run Group-Track)
 
 
1. It's been a rough week and I can tell because it's only Thursday and I have already taken two rest days! Lots of school work and car problems. Oh well, hopefully next week goes better.
 
2. Tuesday we did a tempo run where every 5 minutes we did a 30 sec 5k pace. It was really cool and my longest run during m-f  in the ten weeks I have been training.
 
3. There's a race I saw that I'm considering signing up for later- Rogue 30k. It's about a month before the Marathon and at 18.6 miles, I think it would be a  good way to see where I am with my distance training.

 
4. I talk a lot in this blog about how helpful my run group has been (and they have!) but my husband is also very, very helpful. In fact, in not for him, I definitely would not have made it to my track workout today. He is very disciplined and no excuses kind of runner. I hope one day that rubs off on me.
 
 



 
5. Yesterday I had a Cherry Coke for the first time in like a year. It was maybe the best thing that has happened to me this year! No, not really lol. But I do really like it, although I try not to drink caffeine that much.
 
6. Lately Atreyu's song "Honor" has been my favorite "keep going" run song. I really like the line "We'll wear our scars like medals of hope." I try to remember that this pain/tiredness will make me stronger and it usually helps me get through the run.
 
7. For my magazine writing class, I am in the process of writing a Personal Essay called, " On Letting Go of the Blankie." It's about the pro's/con's of doing walking intervals while running and how sometimes it can make you question your identity as a "runner". While describing to my professor (who by the way has run a marathon!), what my paper was about  this other guy (WHO WAS NOT ASKED AND HAD NOT READ MY PAPER) proceeded to tell me that I was not a runner as runners don't walk. At all. EVER. It really aggravated me. I know we all have our opinions but I wasn't even asking him. Plus, to tell someone they aren't a runner, when you don't even know them, is really insulting.
 
8. Parenthood started back up this week. I love that show. Really nice to see Ray Romano on it!
 
9. I can't believe I am in the 10th week of training for my first marathon!!! Seems so unreal. I can't wait for February! It's going to be so awesome!
 
10. Race in 2 days!
So far, these are my 10k race times:

9/26/2010-1:27:57- 14:12
3/27/2011-1:30:04- 14:32
9/25/2011-1:20:27- 12:59- PR
3/25/2012-1:23:42- 13:30
 
(Pic from our first 10k-Sept. 2010)
 

I'm not really sure what time to aim for, but I try to have 3 goals- minimum, happy and pie-in-the-sky.
So I'm thinking-
Minimum- 1:23:00
Happy-1:21:30
Pie-in-the-Sky- 1:20:00- this would be a PR

I'll let you guys know! Hope everyone has a good weekend!
 


1 comment:

  1. I am sure you will do great this weekend, and maybe you will get some cooler weather!

    I love Parenthood!

    And that would annoy me is someone said I wasn't a runner either. You run, and whether you walk or not, you are still a runner!!! I walk and stop all the time!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete