Wednesday, June 12, 2013

5 Things Since Austin Marathon


I know I haven't done a blog in a while. Since January really, not counting my recap of the marathon the other day.

So here are 5 things that have been going on lately.


1. Tuesday I went for a run in Town Lake for the first time in forever. It was really nice to have a change of scenery. I have been in a running rut lately and I think I just need to run different places. That usually helps bring me out of it.

 
 
(Pics from my run today)
 
 
2. Last week I got accepted into grad school at Texas State for the Master of Literature program! I am really excited about it but I am really worried about Spanish. I have two Spanish classes and a PE class left to finish this summer to FINALLY get my Bachelor of Arts in English. Graduation is Aug 9th. I'll let you know if I make it!
 
 

 
 
3.  I am suppose to be on like week #7 of my training for my second marathon, San Antonio Rock N'Roll. I am not doing very good. I am behind and struggling this time in a way I wasn't before.
I'm not exactly sure what my problem is.
 
 
4. The nice thing about the Spring Semester being over is that I have more time to read books just for enjoyment lately. Although since Spanish class has started I have barely read. These are the books I have read this summer so far:

 
 
 

 
5. The next big race that I want to do is the Heels, Hills and Him Half Marathon in September. In 2010 and 2011, we did the 10k there. Vince even won 1st place in his age division (2011)! The course is not really hilly and I am hoping to finally break 3 hours on what would be my third half marathon. My first half was about 3:14:00 in Jan. 2011 and my second was like 3:07:00 in Nov. 2011. I think I have a decent shot of under 3 hours, but if not, a new shiny PR would be nice! :)
 
 

 ( Pics from the 2010 race)
 
 






2 comments:

  1. First, congratulations on getting accepted into the Master's Program! If you need any help in Spanish, let me know. I took Spanish all through HS and College.

    Second, don't worry about San Antonio. You have plenty of time. I JUST started training for my Fall Marathon with an 18 week plan and it's a month before San Antonio, so you have plenty of time. Best to be fully prepared to start a training cycle then to do one that's too long and get burnt out (speaking from experience here, haha).

    That half looks fun! I'm looking for a 1/2 marathon in Sept so I am going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! Good luck on your fall marathon, I know you will do great!
    I just checked the H&H website, but they still only have info for their may race. The lady told me it would be updated some time later this month but I do know they have a facebook page if you want to look at that!

    ReplyDelete