Friday, July 12, 2013

Five Things Friday

1. I started swim class for school this week. We didn't have class Monday and Tuesday we didn't swim. So for this week, I only had swimming Wednesday and Thursday. Which is good because those workouts make me tired. Orginally on Wednesday he had me in the beginner lanes but by the end of class, he told me I needed to be in the advanced lanes and that I was pretty good. That made me feel better. However, Thursday I went running before class and was feeling intimated with being with the advanced swimmers. I choose to swim in the intermediate lanes but I don't know if that is the right decision. He told me I could be in the advanced, but I don't have the endurance they have and I don't want to get in the way. So for right now, I may stay in intermediate. Not sure yet.


2. Joyce Carol Oates. For my Independent Study last semester, I read her book Foxfire, which I had been meaning to read for years. I like her writing a lot although a lot of people say she is too depressing. Right now I am reading her book, The Falls. Pretty intense but good so far.


3. This summer I have run several times with my little sister Taylor. I am so happy to have her back in georgetown and be able to spend more time with her. This is a pic of us running at Brushy Creek last week.

4. Vince is still in Louisiana but I got to visit him for a day. We had a very relaxed visit of dinner and a movie and grocery shopping in the morning before I had to come back home. I miss him a lot but I am very proud of him. 


This is a pic he took of the Louisiana State University Observatory. He is going to run it for a little while next week at Astronomy Night. 

5. I miss races. Feels like forever since the last one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment