Monday, July 1, 2013

1st of July-Trying to not give up or Just Keep Swimming!

So last week I ran one time. For 2.13 miles. Sigh.

Why?

I hadn't been feeling so great Monday and Tuesday.

So I went to the doctor and was put on a bunch of medicine and told I couldn't workout till I finished one of the medicines in particular. I finished taking that medicine Saturday so I suppose I could have worked out on Sunday. But I had a long drive from Baton Rouge to home by myself so I didn't. I got home at 11.30 last night and was exhausted.

As much as I am disappointed about my running lately, I do have to say that the good news is that in June this month I ran 5 miles more then last year so that is good.

Also, I can't change the past but I can improve for the future.

The next couple of months I have a lot going on:
I start my new swimming class next week. I will be swimming 4 times a week. I am a little nervous but very excited to improve my swimming skills.
I have one more Spanish class and that swimming class before I graduate.
After graduating, I have 2 weeks before grad school starts!
Grad School!
It's kind of unreal!

I also of course actually need to get on the marathon train and really apply some discipline and get my long runs in.

In my mind I feel too busy to plan out my workouts and get them done. But the reality is I see people that I respect and admire get stuff done and I think it boils down to time management.

In July this is what I would like to accomplish:
- not give myself a hard time if I miss a workout
- plan ahead so that it is unlikely for that to occur
- try my best with Spanish
- improve my swimming

If you know me, you know I don't like change. I am not good at adapting. But the thought of being able to go to graduate school is so amazing.It is nice to think that change can be good. In many ways I think training for a race is so much like studying. It is all about the end result- cross the finish line. I know I have taken the long slow way but I gotta believe I can do it. Finishing my first marathon was so unreal, I was just so proud of myself. I know graduating will feel the same.

On a separate note, I made a personalized marathon training plan for Vince for this next marathon. He is really hoping to hit 4 hours. His training plan is a lot more intense then the one we did last year and is a separate one from mine. I think it will help so I'll keep you update.

As far as my own training for the marathon, not falling and skinning my knee during my 20 mile run would be nice lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment