Monday, June 28, 2010

I shoulda listened to the man... :(

You know how my last entry I said it was one of my best runs?
Well, today was HORRIBLE and it was all my fault.
We went to the Stoneybrook High Track to do a training run. Vince, my husband, was going to help me. It was our 3rd training run. I wanted to do 2 miles at the pace I wanted to run on Sunday for our 4 mile race.
The promblem was I sprinted right from the start, which was a big mistake. Vince told me to slow down and go steady. So I did until I didn't. So I SPRINTED AGAIN!! GRRR!!! DO I EVER LEARN!!! So after that 2nd sprint, I did horrible. I still did my intervals, but I was so worn out from those 2 sprints that i could barely run a minute at a time.
Why didn't I listen to him?
We only have 2 more training runs left this week. Wednesday we have our long run and then friday we have another short run. I hope I learned my lesson and remember to be have a steady pace.

Here's where I ran:



By the way, if you live in the Austin area and like to run, the RunTex stores are really cool and helpful. Their websites have calculators to help tell you your pace and they also have a list of events in the area:
http://runtex.com/web/4-9.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment