Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Rain and me go the distance

So... today I went the furthest I have ever gone!!!! :)
I was still slow!!!
But it was the furthest!!!
And not only that, it rained the WHOLE time I ran the 5.25 miles, except for maybe 5 minutes.
My pace was even slower then the race pace. Ugh, I don't know what it is up lately.
I have been so slow. The good news is that I was really proud of myself for running so far in the rain. I know that in the past I would have just given up.
I am really looking forward to the day when I can run the WHOLE way. But until then, I am working on my intervals. Specifically, I think for this month I will continue my intervals of walking 2 minutes, then running 1 minute, except when after 10 minutes, this month I will only give myself a 1 minute walking for every 10 minutes. So basically it will be like:
2 minutes walking, 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running, 1 MINUTE walking ( then repeat all over every 10 minutes for as long as I am running)
Today I ran 1/8 of a mile without stopping. Which I know a lot of you are like WOW, a whole 1/8th of a mile. MAN, STOP THE PRESSES. To which I say, were YOU OUT RUNNING IN THE RAIN FOR ALMOST AN HOUR AND A HALF?!
To which some of you might say, yes, I was actually. and I actually RAN the whole time.
But nobody likes a show-off. :)

Here's where I ran today:
(I will post the map later)


Also, I came across these statistics and this article while reading a blog on Runners World, it's pretty interesting:

http://www.runningusa.org/node/57770#58231

No comments:

Post a Comment