Thursday, July 15, 2010

If Life was like Running....

Then things would be a lot better.
The thing with running, is yes it sucks when it's slow and its hot.
But if you keep at, eventually, things will get better. and even if there's blisters, chafing, slow race times and the like, theres also
the moment when the cool breeze hits me, the wave other runners give you like " hey, we are in together", seeing the finish line.
But life isn't that easy. You can't practice life to make it better. Wow, that was a cheesy line. But you know what I mean.
Today I greatly improved my time. We took Eva, our scottish terrier, to the lake Pflugerville trail. The idea was that this would be a training run, with Vince walking with Eva and running with me. I was going to start out first, so Eva wouldn't have to run as far and they would catch up with me.
Only, Eva couldn't take the heat and was pooped after about a mile.
So I ran 2.25 miles and then walked back a quarter of a mile to catch up with them and then walked Eva for a mile till the end of the trail. And by walked Eva I mean walked, poured water on her, gave her water, and carried her some. So my back kinda hurts and stuff. Poor Eva. Its hard being a black dog in Texas.
And poor Vince. He ran/walked with Eva over 2 miles with no water because I had the water cause the focus was on my run. I was going to share it with him, because I thought he was going to be running with me, but he never caught up. So I ended up just giving him the water when I went back for them.
At first I didn't know what to think of it, cause I ran only 2.25 miles when I had wanted to run 4 miles.
But:
a. It was too damn hot. We shouldn't have took so long getting ready. ( But we were finishing an episode of Dexter as we were getting ready and eating our cereal. That series is SOOOOO GOOD!! We have one more episode of Season 2 right now, so don't ruin anything for us)
b. I still did one of my fastest times.
So, yes, I didn't run 4 miles, but I really didn't have it me.
But also yes, I improved my time.
And I'll take all the improvement/good news I can get.

Here's a map of where I ran:
( I'll post later)


Also, this is the link for the 10k race I registered us for! It's going to be our 1st 10k and it's in late September. Im really excited/nervous for this one because it's the first race so far where I haven't even done a run that long! eee!! The furthest I have practiced run is 5.25 miles. So I need to be able to run almost a mile more, and run it well at that. Definetly going to need to increase my long runs!
http://www.heelsandhills.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment