Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Sleep, Less Wind


So, as you can probably tell by my status, I barely got any sleep and the wind was bad. I have one month and 11 days until the 10k ( 6.2 miles) and the furthest I have run in 2 weeks is 4.75 miles. Oi vey! Should I be concerned by my lack of distance? I don't know. All of my last 6 runs were continually longer then the last. Normally, we switch back and forth between medium runs, speed runs, and long runs. But these last 2 weeks, I have been trying to play catch-up and have been laying heavy on the longer end of runs. However, I think this is having an adverse effect on my runs because I am pushing my legs too much, too fast. So I think I need to cut back my distance a little bit, restagger and try again. Plus, definetly getting more sleep couldn't help. We stayed up way to late to get up and go run.
Here's a map of where I ran:


Man, Im trying to expand my horizons and look outside of Runners World for links to interesting running related stuff. But it's tough because the Runners World website has a lot of interesting stuff! At any rate, ( ugh, such a lazy expression!), I saw some info on this DVD that Im going to try and see if I can Netflix:
http://www.runlikeagirlfilm.com/synopsis.php
It is a movie called Run Like A Girl and as well as telling the personal story of three girls, it also talks about the history of women and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment