Sunday, October 3, 2010

An unusual bit of luck, wind or I guess I didnt need a jacket


So, my husband called it the home field advantage. And maybe it is, but on this coming up race, we are actually pretty lucky because it will be the first time I have run a race where I have run the course before. And not only have I run the course, but I have run it multiple times. Its the Lake Pflugerville Trail, which we typically run at least once a week.
I was worried at first about this run, as it was cold and I thought that I would need my jacket. Hence the picture. But as it turns out, I didn't need it, it ended up getting hot. Right now we are in that weird transition weather, where it goes from being coldish in the morning to hotish later on.
Then, although it wasn't cold, it was really windy. If it ain't one thing.... however, I ended up having a really good mock run. I did 3 miles in what I would like to run the 3.1( 5k in). So I was .10 off, but hey, you know, that's not that bad. Overall, it was one of my more successful training runs and it definitely had me feeling like I was more prepared to run this next 5k.

So, on Sunday while we are running at the 5k in Pflugerville, the CHICAGO MARATHON!!! will be happening!! Ever since I watched the Spirit of the Marathon, I have been pumped up about this race!! They say it stands to possibly break the world record time for a marathon!!
For a great article on the subject, I recommend:
http://peakperformance.runnersworld.com/2010/10/oct-5-a-mens-world-record-at-chicago-this-weekend-probably-not-but-maybe-so.html

No comments:

Post a Comment