Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Week in Review

Pic from Group Run workout on Tuesday
Workouts this week :
Monday- 1450 yd Swim
Tuesday- 4.94 miles GONZO Hill workout (Run group)
Wednesday- Rest Day
Thursday- 1.81 miles (Treadmill run at hotel)
Friday- Weights/Strength workout- 20 minutes
800 yd swim
Saturday- 2.32 miles (indoor track run)
950 yd swim
Sunday- 10.52 miles (Brushy Creek Trail)

I ate a lot of really good and unhealthy food this week:

                                                                                    
 

(Fried Pickles, Hot Wings and Fried Oreos @ Uptown Social, Georgetown,Tx)




( Steak and Chicken Skewers @ Blue Mesa Grill- Plano, Texas)


(Chocolate Chip Pancakes @ Monument Cafe in Georgetown, Tx)

But we also went to a farmers market, I have been eating spring mix and kale salads almost every day, eating a lot of fruit and drinking a lot of water. 

Workout wise:  I was pretty happy with my swims this week. I did 3 swims and they all managed to be at the pace I was hoping for. After only getting to swim once last week, I was happy to get three in, especially as I was out of town from late Tuesday till late Thursday night. I had 2 good runs this week: my group run, which was one of my longer runs during the week. It actually started to rain towards the end. While I was a little upset at my pace on that run, on later reflection I felt that it went pretty good considering the length of it. I also was happy about my indoor track repeats on Saturday. I alternating sprints with easy walking and had one of my fastest overall paces in a month. My indoor treadmill run at the hotel in Richardson wasn't so hot, as I could really feel the effects of not so healthy. 

And my long run today... well... I already went into a long tirade about it on Daily Mile, but everyone was real supportive. The short of it is that it was really slow and took a long time: 10.70 miles in 1 hour, 45 minutes. There are a lot of factors- a long bathroom break, refilling my water, I need new shoes, yadda, yadda, but now that it is later in the day, I am just going to move on from it and be happy that I finished it. 
However, the scenery was great as usual and I got a lot of photos:

Next week is a recovery week for me and the first week back to school. I hope my next long run goes better and I am looking forward to getting to do the track workouts for run group as I was out of town the last two!

Week #7 of Marathon Training in the Bag- 25 more weeks to go- 22 % done with training!

1 comment:

  1. At least you got your long run in - I totally skipped mine :(. Way to get it done!! You did better than I!

    We ate really unhealthy this week as well...we go to Uptown all the time. The fried pickles are our favorite!!! I need to get back on track and not eat out so much.

    Have a great first week back at school!

    ReplyDelete