Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Best Run Ever- 6.26 miles!!!


View Brushy Creek Training in a larger map

This title for this post was not chosen lightly. Nope, it sure wasn't. Not only was it the longest I have ever run, not only did I finally run the full 10k distance, not only did I actually run a tiny bit further, not only was it about .75 longer then last weeks LDR( Long Distance Run) but it. was. my. FASTEST. pace. ever!!!!!
And the only reason why I was able to do it was because my husband ran the whole race with me!
He trained with me on this whole run and helped me keep on target the entire time. He said the biggest way to improve my time was to walk faster on my walking breaks. We did an interval run of 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running, except for the last 4 minutes I just did a fartlek. But what I liked was that he made sure sure that I ran the FULL minute and that I did it the ENTIRE time.
Im really grateful but also feel a little spoiled. Its not like I can have Vince with me for all my runs. Eventually when I do races and for most of the practice runs, I will be myself. Will I be able to push myself as hard as Vince does when he runs with me? Probably not. So then how will I be succesful if I do not have much discipline? I won't. Sigh.
But I don't want to be negative and not acknowledge how big of an achievement today was for me. And though I don't think I could have done it without Vince, hopefully I will remember what he tells me and continue to improve!!

This is a pair of shoes I designed for myself on Nike+ website. Yes, they are 185.00 dollars before shipping. No, I would not spend that much money on shoes. Yes, my last pair were 35.00 dollars, orginally 90 dollars on sale from RunTex. No, I don't know if the cushioning on these particular pair are the best for me, especially considering my current pair have way too much stability (its made more for overpronators like my husband, whereas im more of a neutral). But most importantly, I don't care! These shoes are pretty and I WANT EM! Go design yourself a pair, I promise its cool!
http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/commerce/nikeplus?ll=en_US&ct=US&pid=345202&cid=1&pbid=INSPI_207490_v9_0_20100505&path=AMPlu0908&piid=16820&p=PDPiD&metricsId=216911791

1 comment:

  1. you don't have me one your runs to do good, i know you could do this pace again on your own

    ReplyDelete