Friday, September 17, 2010

Town Lake and me, the long awaited reunion.


I haven't run on Town Lake since May. Its been a little over 4 months. And oh how I have missed it! To be honest, this is only the 2nd time I have run there. It takes a while to get there from our house, about 45 minutes and especially early in the day, the traffic is bad. But if you wait to late, you have to deal with the heat.
The reason why I love running Town Lake is cliche and has been stated so many times, but still, I love how Austin it is. There is so much diversity! So many people walking with their dogs and baby strollers. People that are crazy in shape, women in their forties with abs that i would give my husband up for and men in their sixties with abs, pregant women running. We've run in several places and never have we seen so many people that we're in such good shape. Man, did I feel fat. But anyways, its the most similar environment to a race that I have been to so far which I guess is why I like it so much. Also there is so much to look at. I walked/ran past bridges, rails, kayaks, and the lake! They also have two water stops that have water and some sort of gatorade drink. I wish I would have planned my route more along the restroom as I only saw one and after 2 stops at the water stops and drinking about 16 oz of my smart water and 2 gels, I REALLY had to pee.
But yeah, I love town lake! I just hope next time I can go even further and hopefully, it won't be 4 months before we return!!!






Back when this list of the best things in running came out in Runners World, I wasn't really running. I didn't know anything at all about running. Now, I barely know anything... :)... but still, barely is better then nothing at all. This list is really cool and is kind of like a crash course in running:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-239-281--13339-1-1X2X3X4X5-6,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment