Friday, September 3, 2010

One of those misleading runs...


So, after a pretty good run yesterday, perhaps I got a little ahead of myself. I thought that despite the rain today, it was going to be a good run. The temperature was cool and I was happy we were running at Old Settlers Trail which we haven't run in forever. Plus my pace was better yesterday then it had been for most of last week. I think I just thought today would be a better run because of that.
Well, it started out fine and then started to fall a part bit by bit. My calves started to feel stiff, my ankles started to hurt and as the elevation increased, I just felt so tired. I think a large part of it was obviously not drinking enough water the day before and the fact that lately I haven't been doing as many runs back to back because I got tired of being so sore. But the easiest way to get more runs in is to run more and so I figured I should try to run 4 times a week if I can from now on. But I still have one more run, my long run tommorow, so hopefully I can improve my pace. Its 23 days from now and I still haven't run 6.2 miles yet! grrr!! the aggravation!




So, if any of ya'll have ever heard of the social networking site, FACEBOOK, as Im sure you have, there is a page called Run Austin that you should add as your friend. It has good advice on running, events and input from other runners in the area.

http://www.facebook.com/RunAustin

No comments:

Post a Comment