Thursday, September 2, 2010

The little run that made 200 miles!

Who would have thought that 1.83 miles would make 200 miles?! Sound odd? Well, before today's run, I had exactly .5 miles to go to make 200 miles run since April 12th, 2010 when we first started running. And I wasn't to sure about today's run because it was before I had to go to work early in the morning and I've haven't run before work ( when I had to work in the morning specifically) in a while. But I was pleasantly surprised by the run. The weather felt great, it was about 75 degrees, which is the nice thing about running at 7.50 in the morning, the traffic wasn't too bad, although I did get stuck at a light for about a minute and thankfully, my ankle wasn't really hurting me. I felt kinda guilty about today's run to tell the truth because it was the first time I had run all week. And not running monday, tuesday and Wednesday is not like me. I strive to do at least 3 runs every week and that's hard to do when your first run of the week is on a Thursday. I know I will be running tomorrow morning (friday) and have a long run planned for Sunday. Still, Im a little disappointed in myself because I wanted to run 4 days this week like I did last week. I was able to get 13 miles last week, which is my general goal. I've only had that or around that distance like 2 or 3 times. Although Im not really a fan of running around our block, it is by far the most convenient. Without the drive, it makes starting early way easier.
Since Im not going to put a map up of where I ran because it's by where we live, I thought I would put a running memory pic up. The pic below is one of me and my husband right before our very first race ever!


So, I don't know how many of you are from and or live around Austin, but we've got a pretty cool sub place called Thunderclouds. The first time I went was in the one in Round Rock where we live. Then I use to go to the one by ACC campus when I was a student there a lot. More recently, I would frequent the one by airport when I use to work by there. At any rate, they are famous for having a race every thanksgiving. Im thinking about maybe doing it. Its a 5 mile race, which we have never run before and is ( according to their website) the LARGEST 5 mile race in texas:
www.thundercloud.com - look under Turkey Trot

No comments:

Post a Comment